The Chinese Consolidated Benevolent Association (CCBA) of San Diego is a nonprofit organization with a mission of providing charitable, educational, and benevolent activities to preserve and promote Chinese culture and traditions.The CCBA offers two scholarships annually:
- The Roger H. Lee scholarship which is a scholarship that may be awarded to a deserving member of the San Diego community.
- The Yick Ng “Rollie” Quon scholarship which is only open to current members of the San Diego Lucky Lion Dancers
The information below reflects the 2018 Scholarship information. The deadline to apply is April 15, 2018.
Program Overview and Criteria:
- Only one scholarship will be awarded in any single scholastic calendar year.
- The amount of the scholarship will be up to $1,500.
- Where multiple scholarships are available from CCBA, only a single scholarship will be awarded to any one person.
- The deadline to complete this scholarship application is April 15, 2018.
- The winner of the scholarship will be notified on or about May 15, 2018.
- The applicant must have lived in San Diego County for a minimum of 12 consecutive months.
- The applicant must have graduated from an accredited high school in with a minimum grade point average 3.0 (weighted).
- Applicant shall have immediate plans to enter a 2-year college or 4-year university in the same year of high school graduation.
- Applicant must have been granted an official diploma or proof of a GED completion of a high school curriculum.
- Complete the application form (see links above) in its entirety. Incompletely application may be disqualified.
- Email a copy of your official high school transcript and two (2) recommendation letters to scholarships [at] ccbasd.org. Recommendation letters should be from a teacher, school counselor, principal, mentor or employer indicating why you deserve the scholarship. Include the name of the contact person along with his/her phone number/email for verification of the information.
- Online application, transcript and letters of recommendation must be received by April 15, 2018.
Online Application Forms: